Monday, February 14, 2011

Sweet Dreams Are Made of These...

On Saturday I received an email completely in the spirit of The Inflatable Mattress from the amazingly talented Jodie Lyn-Kee-Chow.  It was so weirdly inspirational that I am compelled to post it along with some choice images + LINKS.


"Hi Kenya,

I had a crazy ass dream about you last night.
You were doing some really outlandish installation and performance. I mean really over the top. It was at a place like the MTA train tracks at the end of the line and you had the site including the pipes wires, tracks all painted in blue and had blue people wearing Rastafarian colors as if they were all of same tribe. On the outskirts of the site you had these big Lynda Benglis like sculptures that looked like waves of the ocean. They were easy to maneuver and so I picked one up and threw it in the middle of your site. Then I saw you and I was taken to a tunnel where I found my old work stuck into a corner. I tried to get it out but I couldn't.
It was crazy weird.
Peace,
Jodie"







LINKS


It was crazy weird.  -Jodie Lyn-Kee-Chow




No comments:

Post a Comment