Thursday, February 10, 2011

Busy yourself.

Being a good guest is just as important as being a good host. In fact, I'm beginning to believe that these elements might be mutually inclusive for an enjoyable visit.  One of the ways in which a guest might inspire goodwill, at least if your host is a New Yorker, is to busy yourself.  The default mode of the New Yorker is 'busy', so a kind of mimicry on the part of the guest is a worthwhile pursuit.  Plus it gives you loads to talk about when you do reconnect, making you all the more fabulous. 

The day began with a private yoga session with Sara Hart (iHart Yoga) followed by a delightful breakfast (oatmeal, fresh pineapple, oranges, toast, and tea).  One of my assigned 'chores' was a clothing drop off at the Goodwill and on the way I stopped by BAMCafe for a venue walkthrough for Saturday's performance. While at BAM I peeped the COVER VERSION LP show (shout out to Paul Mpagi Sepuya, Colin Sapp and Denise Kupferschmidt) Because I took an slightly difference route, I discovered Marseille Fashion.  They are all about the custom dancehall fashions, and while my dutty wine needs work, I do love a costume...

Then I was off to the Brooklyn Arts Council to enjoy a bite of lunch with my friend-girl Ethany.  After the best lentil soup I've ever tasted, I returned to the BAC building and went to an exhibition at the DUMBO Arts Center (Highly recommended).  Browsing PowerHouse Books is always a treat, and being a Wednesday, I  topped off the daylight hours with a visit to MidTown Comics.  


Finally, I made a good on a pair of comp tickets for (M)IMOSA aka Twenty Looks or Paris is Burning at The Judson Church with my SigFig.  


"Today was a good day." - O'Shea Jackson (a.k.a Ice Cube)

No comments:

Post a Comment