Saturday, March 5, 2011

TGIF: Thank Goodness It's Friday!

Today was a good day.  I found myself the proud owner of a pair of obnoxiously large glasses (which I adore) and after 2 years I can comfortably see a movie and read street signs without squinting.  Objects still look a bit strange, but after my hiatus I can tolerate the adjustment curve.  The evening before I spent with my friend Dalicia, near Columbus Circle, enjoying a night reminiscent of college days (a bottle of Malbec and a deliciously authentic NYC pizza were involved). 

Newly equipped, I lunched with Elia Alba at Cafe Pick Me Up, enjoying the details of the scene outside, as well as her expert conversation.  Afterwards I made my way to the FourPoints Sheraton for the DEPENDENT ART FAIR armed with JENGA, UNO, and MONOPOLY as a kind of satellite project of The Inflatable Mattress.  Monopoly had no takers, but Jenga was an inebriated hit and I was the undisputed UNO champion!  A rare treat, I enjoyed the room solo and stepped into the Saturday morning sunshine with a relaxed smile on my face...



"Beware of busy boyfriends."  - Kenya (Robinson)

No comments:

Post a Comment